Last amended on May, 2022
Company may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check back to ensure that you are up to date with any changes.
- Data Controller
The organization responsible for deciding why and how your personal information is handled – referred to as a “Data Controller” – is:
Company Name: Proptic Limited
Company Address: 77, Lower Camden Street Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 XE80
We are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the highest level of privacy regulation. As such, we follow the obligations under the EU’s General Protection Data Regulation (GDPR), California’s Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA).
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are intended for a general audience and are not targeted at children under the age of 18 (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from minors and do not knowingly allow minors to use the Website.
- Information We Collect
Personal information we collect may include:
- basic data such as username, password;
- contact data such as postal address, email address and telephone numbers;
- financial data such as your bank account details, and payments made to and received from you;
- cookie IDs,
- device IDs (such as IP addresses),
- URLs (webpages) visited or searched,
- marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences,
- matter related data such as personal data provided to us by you in the course or providing services.
When you make purchases through our Site, we use third-party payment processors to collect credit card or other financial information. Company does not store the credit card information you provide, only confirmation that payment was made.
- How We Use Information Collected from Interactions
Company uses the information we collect to deliver Services to you in accordance with our Terms, to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations, or to pursue legitimate business interests, as described below. We take seriously the need to balance our legitimate interests with your privacy rights. We use your Information, including personal data, to:
- Fulfill your orders or respond to your requests for information and other inquiries;
For example, to satisfy your requests for Site materials such as marketing collateral, we may collect and use your email address.
- Operate, enhance, and personalize your experience on our Site;
- Send you administrative notices
We may need to notify you (or we may choose to inform you) when we make updates to our terms or policies or make changes to our Services. We will use your email address to send such administrative notices to you, which due to their nature are treated differently from marketing communications from which you can opt out.
- Manage your account
To perform the Services under the contract between you and Company, we need to collect certain information from you such as your contact and payment details. Without this information, we may not be able to deliver the services or comply with our contractual or legal obligations.
- Advertise and market to you
With your consent or to pursue legitimate business interests, we may contact you with product announcements, educational materials, announcements about special offers, or information about upcoming events. If required by applicable law, we will ask you for your consent before sending and/or give you the choice to opt out of receiving these communications.
- Administer prize promotions and events
We use your information to administer prize promotions and events based on the terms of the promotion or event.
- Diagnose and fix technical issues, monitor for security, and otherwise protect our property
We do this to satisfy our legitimate interest in assessing actual or potential threats to our facilities, attendees at Company-sponsored events, our IT systems and networks, and Site services. We may process your Information, in particular your IP address, for this purpose.
- To recruit you for a position at Company
We may use your username or handle and contribution information from Company-managed repositories on third-party open-source platforms to fulfill our legitimate interest in identifying candidates for open positions at Company.
- Comply with law
We may use your Information to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to protect our legal rights or those of others.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Site services from time to time
If we process your personal data for other purposes, we will provide you with information about such processing, and if required, obtain your consent.
- Your Rights
We will process all personal data in accordance with the principles of GDPR and especially having in mind users’ rights to:
- Request access to any data held about them by Company.
- Transmit their personal data to another data controller (free of charge), where such personal data is processed on the basis of consent or contractual performance unless in doing so, it would adversely affect the rights or freedoms of other users or others, e.g., including trade secrets or intellectual property.
- Prevent the processing of their personal data or withdraw their consent at any time in certain circumstances.
- Ask to have inaccurate personal data amended.
- Erasure of their personal data where data is no longer required for the original purpose or where the User has withdrawn their consent, and no other lawful processing grounds apply.
- Object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
- Be notified where their personal data is subject to automated decision-making, i.e., profiling, including the logic involved, the significance and the envisaged consequence of such processing for the data subject, and object to such profiling in certain circumstances.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with our Services), where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we have your consent. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you.
- Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
- How Company Shares your Information
Company may disclose your Information to others in the following ways:
We may disclose information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to:
- comply with legal process or requirements;
- respond to requests from public or government authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- enforce our terms and conditions; and
- protect our operations, rights and safety, and that of you and others, as needed.
- International Data Transfers
Other companies in our corporate group and some of the technical service providers may be located outside of your country. In particular, where we send data originating from the EU/EEA/UK to other places, we put in place safeguards designed to ensure that data is processed in a way equivalent to the rules applicable in the EU. These may include various transfer mechanisms such as for example the European Commission approved standard contract clauses for other transfers outside the EU.
- How we Secure your Information
Company takes reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or destruction.
Unfortunately, no data transmission, software, or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your personal data may no longer be secure (for example, if you feel that the security of an account has been compromised), please notify us immediately in accordance with Contact section.
If Company learns of a breach of its systems, Company may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and/or as agreed in our contract with you. Company may communicate with you electronically regarding privacy and security issues affecting information collected through your use of our Services.
- Retention Period
We retain your contract information for the duration of your agreement with us and thereafter as required or permitted by law. We keep a record of your data requests, including your requests to opt out of marketing communications, to honor them in the future.
- Third party websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. The information practices and the content of such other websites are governed by the privacy statements of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any such other websites to understand their information practices.
If you believe that we have not respected your rights then you also have a right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority in your country.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected].